Monday 26 December 2011

Product Rave: Benefit BAD Gal Lash Mascara, BAD Gal Liner Waterproof & Clinique Brush-On Cream Liner

Hi Ladies!
A quick product rave today for two of my favourite products ever - Benefit BAD gal lash mascara and Clinique Brush-On Cream Liner. 

I was shopping for Christmas gifts earlier this month and saw this Benefit "Double The Bad" gift set in Boots for £20.50. For this you get the full size (8.5g 0.3oz) BAD gal lash mascara and full size (1.2g 0.04oz) BAD gal liner waterproof. With BAD gal lash being my absolute favourite mascara ever I jumped at it and bought it for myself ('Santa' wrapped it up for me for Christmas, though!)




I've never used the BAD gal liner before, but being such a fan of the BAD gal lash I assumed that it would be fantastic.

Here's a picture of my lashes without anything on them. They have been curled with eyelash curlers. I'm also wearing the BAD gal liner on the water line and lower lash line.


And here is my eye with one (THIN!) coat of Maybelline Great Lash mascara (to hold my curl - I have to do this before applying any mascara as my eyelashes are poker straight and every mascara I've tried instantly flops them back down!) Anyway, one thin coat of Maybelline and one generous coat of BAD gal lash.


And a view from the side.


As you can see, the mascara works absolutely brilliantly, hence why it is my absolute favourite eye product ever. The formula is more on the drier side compared to some other mascara formulas, which I like as my lashes droop very easily, as mentioned before, if my mascara is too wet.
The product is very black which is, again, a must for me with mascaras. I like my lashes to be bold, long and thick and black, and this mascara ticks all the boxes.
If you're not a fan of slightly clumpy lashes though, this may not be the mascara for you as it is very thickening and after a couple of coats you tend to see a bit of clumpiness through the mid sections. I personally like to load my mascara on and after just one coat of this, I'm quite happy. Though, I normally would apply two coats to make my lashes even longer and thicker.
The mascara wand is a fiber wand which is absolutely massive. This is brilliant for me as I can coat pretty much every lash in one or two wiggles, however some people may find the brush too big to manage, especially if you want to define the lashes in the inner and outer corners neatly.
The mascara stays on all day without my lashes sagging (this is mostly due to my thin base coat of Maybelline Great Lash, though, I think!) and most importantly it doesn't smudge or flake. I can't stand mascara that gradually falls off your lashes through the day, and I don't and never have had this problem with BAD gal lash in black. Note: The same cannot be said for BAD gal lash Plum, unfortunately!

The only con to this product is that it dries out relatively quickly compared to some other mascaras that I own, not overly fast, though. However, this does not render the mascara useless as it is quite manageable to work with the product when it becomes a little drier, you just need to apply an extra layer or work with it slightly longer.
Overall, the absolute best mascara I have ever used.
The price to purchase this mascara on its own is £16.50 from Boots. Quite pricey, but worth it.

The BAD gal liner waterproof let me down slightly as I like to wear pencil liner on my waterline, mostly. I put it on this morning on the waterline and also smudged some (with the handy smudger on the other end of the pencil) into my lash line. Unfortunately, for me, the liner didn't stay on too long on the waterline, however, after around 8 hours of wear, the liner I smudged onto my lash line has stayed put completely. The formula is mid range, not too hard, not too soft. Soft enough to easily apply to your eye without tugging at the skin to create a true black line. The product, again, is also very pigmented and a pure black.
Overall, not the best pencil eyeliner, however by far not the worst. I will definitely use this every day as a lash line liner, perhaps just not on the waterline. (I will stick to Urban Decay Zero eyeliner!)
The price to purchase this eyeliner on its own is £14.00 from Boots. I don't think I'd purchase again, but only because I prefer Urban Decay Zero, not because it is a bad eyeliner. In fact, I think it's pretty damn good, just not for the waterline.

Just for reference (and for the fact that I want to rave about this a little bit, too!) I'm wearing Clinique Brush-On Cream Liner in 02 True Black in the pictures above. 

I got a new pot of this as a Christmas gift, too and this is honestly THE best cream/gel eyeliner I have ever used. The product is super creamy and easy to work with, lasts for hours and hours on the skin, lasts for months and months in the tub and is super black.
I honestly don't have a bad word to say about this product, apart from perhaps the crappy brush that comes with it, but that's beside the point. If you like your winged eyeliner and want to try something different to pencil or liquid liners, then you MUST try this. Must, must, must! It is one hundred times easier to apply than pencil or liquid (in my opinion) to create a perfect winged eyeliner look. If you've never used a cream liner, you're missing out.
I have and will buy this over and over and over again.
The price to buy this eyeliner is £13.50 from Boots. It is honestly worth every penny and it lasts for months upon months. 

NB: Quick tip to keep your Clinique liner creamier for longer is to keep the lid tightly shut when not in use and when applying the eyeliner, load up your brush and turn the pot upside down on your work surface as to keep the air out of the container. If you need more product, re load your brush and turn the pot upside down again or replace the lid between picking up your product and applying it.


Hope you like my review. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!
What's your favourite mascara or eyeliner? Let me know in the comments.
x

1 comment:

  1. This is my favourite mascara as well! I was wondering if I should picked this up as I wasnt sure of the liner but now I know I should! Great review.
    Im a new follower. :)

    ReplyDelete