Sunday 10 June 2012

How to: Glitter French Tips!

Hi everyone. It was my day off work today so I decided to try out some new nails. They didn't turn out exactly as I wanted but I do like the glitteriness, so I thought I'd share.


I bought these stick on nail guides months and months ago..pretty sure they're from Poundland. I originally bought them so I could try out a traditional French Tip manicure but never got round to it so they've been sat on my shelf ever since.


I started with fresh, clean, slightly haggered nails.


Applied a nail guide - which are pretty crappy as they didn't seem to actually stick very well.


Coat the tip and edge of your nail with a clear varnish and dunk it into your chosen glitter. Mine is from a local craft store.


Repeat the process on each nail. I worked with one nail at a time, rather than sticking strips on every nail all at once. This makes it a little less faffy.


Brush away any excess glitter that may be stuck to the nail. i just used a makeup brush. A q-tip/cotton bud works just as well.


This is how it looks after they're cleaned up a little.


Think I found some inspiration for a future nail art while I was waiting for these to dry...


Hello!


Finally, add a couple of coats of a clear top coat to finish off. You may want to use a cheaper varnish that you don't mind the brush picking up a little glitter because I now have little flecks floating around in my Sech Vite topcoat. Good job I like sparkle!


This is how they turned out. They're not the neatest but they look fab from a distance ;)

Hope you like it!
x

3 comments:

  1. amazing !
    wanna follow my fashion blog ?
    http://fashionistasdreamer.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats a different way of doing it1 Turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oo this is great, thanks, I am so going to try this! Have an awesome break in London =)
    xx
    emsipop.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete