Monday 19 December 2011

How to: Ho! Ho! Ho! Santa Jacket Nail Tutorial

Ho ho ho! Meeeerrryyy Christmas! I thought I'd do a quick nail tutorial for the nail varnish that I'm wearing for the next few days. I saw this originally on a Kandee Johnston youtube video and decided to give it a go myself.
Here's how I did it.


Coat your nails in two layers of your chosen red varnish. I used Barry M 1A. This is so old and I don't think it's available any more - pretty sure it was one of the first ever colours by Barry M as it has a different lid to all the others that I own!


Leave to dry fully. Then add a splodgy layer of white to the tips of your nails. This is to look like the fur trim of Santa's suit. No need to be neat with this..(phew!) I used number 66 by Barry M.


This step is optional but I decided to add a few diamates to my ring finger santa suit. This ring of gems is from a local craft store but you can find them easily on ebay.


Add three dots of black polish to each nail to make Santa's buttons.
On my ring finger I placed the dots with my black and pressed a green gem onto each one.
(Tip, use a damp cotton bud to pick up and place the gems.)


Finish with a clear top coat once everything has dried.


Ta-da! Santa, eat your heart out!

5 comments:

  1. ahh! i wish my nails were long enough to do this ^_^
    i bit them all off in a christmas shopping panic!
    :)
    Rosie xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks fantastic and you've made it look so simple x

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Rosie, im sure you could compromise? fewer buttons maybe haha. And I knoww, tell me about it, Xmas shopping is a nightmare!

    @Kirstyb, thank you, hope you try it!?

    @xXxStundonxXx super simple is the best way, who can be bothered to faff with layers on layers of polish :) glad you like it.

    Thanks for commenting everyone :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you looking for free Twitter Followers?
    Did you know you can get them AUTOMATICALLY & ABSOLUTELY FOR FREE by registering on You Like Hits?

    ReplyDelete