Thursday, 23 February 2012

How to: Cupcake nail tutorial!


Cupcaaaakes!
I wanted to try out my new dotting tools from ebay so I searched on ebay for ideas and came across this Cupcake design by Cupcake's Clothes. Had a quick look through this girl's blog and it's absolutely fab. Check it out HERE.


I used 8 different nail varnishes. You can choose whatever colours you want. Most of mine are from Barry M. Cheap and cheerful!
I also had scrap paper on hand to dab some nailvarnish on to, a cotton pad to wipe the excess polish from the dotting tools and worked on top of a hard surface.


Start with a layer of light pink.


Let it dry and then use the dotting tool to create lines of a light silver/cream from the base of the nail to the mid points. This creates the cupcake paper.



Then add a tip of yellowy varnish to create the cupcake sponge.


Leave to dry and then put a tip of creamy varnish to make the icing.


Let dry and then use the dotting tool to add your colourful sprinkles. I started with blue..


..then added pink..


...and green and more pink. I then added a cherry on top.


I added in a zigzag of light purple vanish around the cupcake paper case, just to make it stand out more.


Tadaaaa!
Finish with a top coat of your choice!






Yum yum!

4 comments:

  1. These look amazing! i just can never do my right hand<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I know! I've only done my left hand! Think I'll just paint my right hand a neutral, too late for all this cupcake malarky now!! x

      Delete
  2. These are so impressive, you defiantly have a steady hand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you need your ex-girlfriend or ex-boyfriend to come crawling back to you on their knees (no matter why you broke up) you need to watch this video
    right away...

    (VIDEO) Want your ex CRAWLING back to you...?

    ReplyDelete